The South and West Information Management System library management system (SWIMS) is made available by the Library and Knowledge Service (LKS) at Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. SWIMS is used:
- to record contact details for the purposes of loaning of library stock
- to record loans of stock to users
- to send notifications to users about their loans
- to provide management information for library staff on usage and membership
- what personal data we hold about you on SWIMS and why we hold it
- how you can find out what data we have, and have that data updated or deleted
- who may have access to your data
- how your data is processed and stored
- how long your data is retained
- how you can request that we stop contacting you about your library registration and loans
What personal data we hold about you on SWIMS and why we hold it
We store your contact data so that we can contact you if we need to about the library stock we loan to you.
We store your name, work and/or home postal address, email address(es), phone number(s), employer’s name,employer’s location, job role, and course and academic institution where relevant.
How you can find out what data we have, and have that data updated
You can log in to our library management system at https://wv-swims.olib.oclc.org/webview/ using the number on your library card to see limited data that we hold about you. To see full data, please contact us.
Who may have access to your data
How your data is processed and stored
Your data is added to SWIMS by us, at your request and on your behalf. You complete a registration form, and then we input the data on the form into the SWIMS system. If you notify us of a change to your data, we update the SWIMS system accordingly. Your data is stored within the EU. Technical safeguards are in place to help ensure that your data is kept safe and only disclosed to people who are authorised to view it.
How long your data is retained
Your data is kept for as long as you are an active library member, i.e. borrowing books. If you cease to be an active member we will delete your data a maximum of two years after you have ceased to be active, or sooner if you inform us that you wish us to delete it. We securely destroy any personal data about you when it is no longer of use.
How you can request that we stop contacting you about your library loans
If you wish to stop receiving communications from us about your library loans, please contact us.